You’d like to keep your eyesight in your later years right? We think that we all do and of course we know there isn’t a cookie cutter formula that is fool proof, but there are things we can do to improve the chances of keeping our eyesight as we age. Let’s look at a few:
- Sunglasses – Wearing sunglasses can protect your eyes from harmful UV rays that can impact your eyes.
- The Right Diet – Eating a balanced diet that is rich in vitamins and nutrients that can benefit your eyes is important.
- Healthy Blood Pressure – When your blood pressure is elevated to unhealthy levels it places strain on the eyes by narrowing blood vessels in the eyes and the optic nerve.
- Diabetes – Mismanagement of your diabetes could impact your eye health.
- Minimizing Eye Strain – Being too close to electronics can strain your eyes and over time they can impact your eye health.
Paying attention to these areas are opportunities for impact your eye health for the long term. As always, we remind you of the importance of routine eye exams to make sure can monitor your eye health.
For questions, contact our team.