What are the foods that you can eat to keep your eyes healthy? Most common knowledge tells us that carrots are good for our eye sight. Our mothers and mother’s mothers and on and on have told us for decades that carrots are the “thing” for eyesight.
But there are more foods that benefit you and we’ll share some with you below:
- Bell peppers – They are full of vitamin A and C and they are great fighters against age-related macular degeneration
- Leafy greens – Â Spinach and kale and anything in that family is packed with vitamin C, beta carotene, and lutein and zeaxanthin.
- Blueberries – Chock full of antioxidants, they also have the ability to fight many eye diseases.
- Sweet potatoes – The healthier spud, they are packed with beta carotene.
- Chia seeds – Filled with more Omega 3s than flax seeds or salmon, and they have more calcium than milk and they have more antioxidants than blueberries. They’re wonder food for sure.
These are just some of the foods, including carrots that are good for your eye health. If you have questions about your diet and its impact on your eyes, we encourage you to contact us.