<< back to the main blog page
Why Yearly Eye Exams Are Important
There's a great article that was published by Health News Digest earlier this month on the importance of yearly eye exams and why skipping them is not a good idea. We thought we'd share the reasons with you.
Here are the top five reasons why skipping your annual eye exam is a bad idea:
1. Eighty percent of all eye conditions are preventable or even curable.
2. People with eye problems are more likely to experience bad hearing, heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, back problems and strokes.
3. Those with poor vision have a higher risk of falling and other accidents.
4. People with vision problems have a bigger chance of having anxiety and depression.
5. Approximately 11 million Americans ages 12 years and older could have better vision if they had corrective lenses or laser eye surgery.
You can read the full article here: http://www.healthnewsdigest.com/news/Eye_Care_500/5-Reasons-Why-Skipping-Yearly-Eye-Exams-Is-Not-Cool.shtml
Eye exams are important for maintaining your overall eye health and can help prevent most eye conditions. If you have any questions for the Gordy EyeCare
team, please contact us
. We would love to talk with you.
image credit: Nomadic Lass on flickr
Tuesday, February 17, 2015 written by Gordy EyeCare Team
, Dr. Griff Gordy
, Eye Exam
, Eye Health
, Gordy EyeCare
, Health News Digest
, Phenix City
, Preventative Medicine
, Routine Eye Exam
, Smiths Station