<< back to the main blog page
Tips For Eye Health
The Georgia Eye Institute released their tips for eye health and we think they're very helpful for all of our Phenix City Gordy EyeCare patients.
- Wear sunglasses - Critically important in protecting your eyes from damaging UV rays. UV damage can cause cataracts, macular degeneration and more.
- Quit smoking - Smoking is bad for your eyes. Studies show that smokers are three times the risk for developing age-related macular degeneration.
- Annual eye exams - Recent study shows that 25% of adults have not had their eyes check in more than two years. Eye exams are paramount for not only maintaining your eye sight but checking your eye health and overall physical health.
- Healthy eating - Eating healthy foods with a balanced diet is important. Your eyes need the nutrients and vitamins from vegetables and fruits. Leafy greens like Kale are high in eye health boosting goodness.
- Washing your hands - Introducing harmful germs and dirt to your eyes is bad for them. Washing your hands periodically and especially before you touch your eyes can help with your overall eye health.
If you have questions about these tips or other eye related issues, contact the Gordy EyeCare team. We care about the eye health of Phenix City!CLICK HERE TO CONTACT GORDY EYECARE