<< back to the main blog page
The Best Foods For Your Eyes
Phenix City residents, are you looking for the best foods for your eye health? Look no further. We have dedicated several articles on the blog in the past to the best foods for your eyes, but we wanted to take the opportunity to recap the top foods you should be eating for your eye health.
- Leafy greens - Kale, collards, spinach are all full of lutein and zeaxanthin.
- Eggs - Are rich with lutein and zeaxanthin as well. The are also a good source of zinc, which can help reduce macular degeneration.
- Citrus and berries - Packed with vitamin C, they can help with macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Almonds - Almonds contain vitamin E which can help slow macular degeneration.
- Fatty fish - Salmon, tuna, mackerel, anchovies and trout are just some of the fish that are DHA fatty acids, which are found in your retina.
As always, make sure you are consulting your doctor before making changes to your diet, but these foods can certainly provide a boost to your eye health.
For more questions, contact our team.CLICK HERE TO CONTACT GORDY EYECAREimage credit: Isriya Paireeprait on flickr