<< back to the main blog page
The Benefit Of Contact Lenses In Sports
According to a recent article from the Optometry Times, contact lenses provide several distinct benefits for athletes when compared to glasses. These advantages are something to keep in mind when preparing to play your sport at a high level. We have them listed below:
CLICK HERE TO READ THE ARTICLE IN ENTIRETY
- Increased peripheral vision - Contacts give you the ability to see more peripherally than glasses do, which is especially beneficial in ball sports.
- No visual distortions - Glasses can not always give you a clear picture. High-powered contact lenses can be truer vision.
- Not affected by dirt or rain - You don't have to wipe of your clear your contact lenses like you do your glasses.
- Lower glare/reflections - Glasses can provide harsh glare or reflection.
- Safer - Wear contact lenses are far safer than glasses when it comes to potential trauma from a fragment or damage.
The article provided several other great benefits of contact lenses as well. We encourage you to read the article.
Parents: If your child is competing in athletics and vision is a concern, please schedule a meeting with our team. We'd be happy to answer any questions you or your athlete may have.CLICK HERE TO CONTACT THE GORDY EYECARE TEAMimage credit: clappstar on flickr