<< back to the main blog page
Possible Causes For Your Eye Problems
Many people know they have eye health or vision problems when they are struggling to see or battling chronic irritations, but it's important to know what could be at the room of your eye problems.
Here are several main causes of eye health problems:
- High Cholesterol - Having high cholesterol can impair your vision, so it's important to have healthy cholesterol levels.
- Thyroid Problems - Controlling your hormones and metabolism, thyroid problems can cause your eyes to swell and can even cause double vision.
- Diabetes - Having diabetes can make your macula, the part of the retina that controls your central vision, swell or retain fluid.
- Stroke - Vision changes may occur as an early sign of a stroke. Any sudden changes of vision should prompt you to call 911.
- Autoimmune Diseases - When your body incorrectly starts to attack itself, like MS or lupus. It can cause blurry vision, double vision or even loss of vision.
If you have more questions about common eye problems, contact our team. We're here to help!CLICK HERE TO CONTACT GORDY EYECARE