<< back to the main blog page
Life-Long Healthy Eyes With These Few Tips
You cannot prevent every issue with your eyes or your eye sight, but you can certainly give them a fair fight. We'll list some helpful tips to maximize your eyes' health below. Most of them are common sense, but they should be taken seriously as to make sure you're able to maintain your vision throughout your life.
Tips for healthy eyes
- Eating a healthy diet - We said obvious, but make sure you're eating the right foods to give your eyes the nutrients and vitamins they need to stay healthy.
- Avoid overexposure to the sun - The sun's ultraviolet rays can cause cataracts. Overexposure to the sun can increase the likelihood for development of cataracts. If you have to be out in the sun for extended periods of time, make sure you have a quality pair of sunglasses.
- Quit smoking - Smoking can do as much damage to your eyes as most anything else you can do. Many people are unaware of the impact of smoking to your eyes.
- Regular exercise - Just like your heart, lungs, and everything else, your eyes benefit from regular exercise.
- Routine eye exam - We have dedicated many articles on our blog to this topic. It is very important for your to have regular eye exams where we can dilate your eyes and not only test your vision but evaluate the health of your eyes.
If you have any questions about our tip, our team is happy to help. Just contact Gordy EyeCare and we can sit down with you to discuss your eye health.CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT GORDY EYECARECLICK HERE TO CONTACT GORDY EYECARE