<< back to the main blog page
Contact Lens Hygiene From Phenix City's Eye Doctor
If you wear contact lenses, hygiene is very important. Making sure you care for your contact lenses properly helps to make sure your eyes are healthy and you maximize the life of your contact lenses.
Here are some tips from the American Optometric Association:
CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL ARTICLE
- Always wash and dry your hands before handling contact lenses.
- Carefully and regularly clean contact lenses, as directed by your eye doctor. Rub the contact lenses with fingers and rinse thoroughly before soaking lenses overnight in sufficient multi-purpose solution to completely cover the lens.
- Store lenses in the proper lens storage case and replace your case every three months or sooner. Clean the case after each use, and keep it open and dry between cleanings.
- Use only products recommended by your eye doctor to clean and disinfect your lenses. Saline solution and rewetting drops are not designed to disinfect lenses.
- Only fresh solution should be used to clean and store contact lenses. Never re-use old solution. Contact lens solution must be changed according to the manufacturer's recommendations, even if the lenses are not used daily.
- Always follow the recommended contact lens replacement schedule prescribed by your eye doctor.
- Remove contact lenses before swimming or entering a hot tub.
- See your eye doctor for your regularly scheduled contact lens and eye examination.
If you have any additional questions, do not hesitate to contact the Gordy EyeCare team. Click here to request an appointment today!
image credit: Michael Lovitt on flickr
Wednesday, May 20, 2015 written by Gordy EyeCare Team
, Best Place To Get Contact Lenses Phenix City
, Contact Lens Hygiene
, Contact Lenses
, Contact Wearers
, Dr. Griff Gordy
, Gordy EyeCare
, Phenix City Contact Lenses
, Phenix City Contacts