<< back to the main blog page
5 Healthy Foods For Your Eyes
Everyone knows that carrots are a great food to eat for your eyes, but did you know that there are several other foods that offer key nutrients for eye health? Let's see what else you can eat to help your eyes:
Read more from health.com
- Leafy greens - They're packed with zeaxanthin and lutein, antioxidants that can reduce the chances of macular degeneration.
- Eggs - Egg yolks are a great source of lutein and zeaxanthin as well as zinc.
- Citrus and berries - Packed with vitamin c, these can help reduce macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Almonds - Filled with vitamin E, they help fight macular degeneration as well.
- Fatty fish - Tuna, salmon, mackerel, etc. are packed with DHA, which is a fatty acid found in your retina.
Eating a balanced diet is crucial for overall health, but making sure you are getting some of these key nutrients can help to ensure eye health for your life time. If you have any questions about your diet and your eye health, contact the Gordy EyeCare Team
. We're here to help you!image credit: Sammy JayJay on flickr
Tuesday, December 29, 2015 written by Gordy EyeCare Team
, Dr. Griff Gordy
, fatty fish
, foods that promote eye health
, Gordy EyeCare
, healthy eyes
, leafy greens
, Phenix City
, Smiths Station